It is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8



Thursday, October 15, 2009

Steering Wheel or Spare Tire??

Is Prayer your steering wheel or spare tire???

This saying really stuck with me! How often do we rely on prayer only when we need something? I have always had conversations with God. I often talk to him about things and have done this for as long as I can remember. I don't necessarily fold my hands and bow my head, but I do talk to him. I have been teaching Emma to do this as well. I often tell her that if something is bothering her she can always talk to God. One example was last week she had her first competition for gymnastics. On our drive to Des Moines I mentioned she could ask God to be with her, to give her strength and confidence. She replied " I already have!" How wonderful!
I am however a very emotional person, and sometimes my emotions react before I can talk to God. I am a work in progress!
God, please help me to think before I act, to go to you before I react, and show you through my actions. Amen

I also came across a wonderful morning prayer:

Dear Lord,

I thank you for this day as I prepare to rise and serve you. Please help me be more gentle with those I meet so the gentleness of Christ may shine through my life today. Amen.


Pray continually. 1 Thessalonians5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment