It is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8



Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thankful




Thanksgiving always reminds us to be thankful. I am happy to say I have many things to be thankful for!!



While we were celebrating Thanksgiving with family we gathered in the living room before we ate and Emma and Madison said a prayer, then we all went around the room and said what we were thankful for! There were a lot who said family, my nephew Mason said food and water..and later while we were eating lunch he said "shelter, I should have said shelter too"! Love it!


As I looked around the room I realized I was most thankful that, for as long as I can remember we have always celebrated Holidays together. Lunch at noon. No invitations. Anyone is welcome. I am also very fortunate to have all of my grandparents. And my girls have all of their grandparents. My Grandma and Grandpa Lingren are the staple of all our Holidays. I am very grateful for them! I am very BLESSED!




If you asked each grandchild who was there favorite, each one guaranteed would tell you they are! They have a way of making each grandchild feel special. There door is always open. There is always an open invitation to their house! And of course grandma's chocolate chip cookies! I hope my grandchildren think of me that way someday!



Here are a few more pictures from Thanksgiving.




Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever. Psalm 118:1

No comments:

Post a Comment