It is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8



Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Sunday




The girls left carrots for th EB. This is one of the fun traditions we do every year. Along with getting up and seeing what the EB left in their baskets and who always leaves and egg hunt! It is so fun and exciting for them. Of course, I am trying to get pictures of memories that I want to save forever. We then got ready to go to the church to have breakfast before the 9:30 service. I always have intentions of attending the sunrise service, but the thought of getting all of us ready and doing Easter Baskets is very frightening to me. It is already hectic enough trying to be there by 8:30! But while we were eating breakfast, I asked one of the girls who was serving us how they made it to early service with easter baskets to do before - they do their Easter Baskets after church!! It is so simple; and better because the real reason of Easter is celebrated first. I cannot wait to start this new improved tradition next year!
My parents joined us this year for Easter service. It was so nice to have them there. Along with my sister Mindy and her kids and Tif and Hannah. It was a nice service with the wonderful message of the resurrection.

After church we went to my parents house so the kids could have an egg hunt on the hill behind their house. We were so grateful to my parents for doing this for them ~ the kids really loved it! I also got a great picture of my parents and the girls on their deck!

As I have mentioned before our family gets together for every holiday around noon. My grandparents (my mom's parents) have always done this. I grew up attending these but am not sure I truly appreciated them until I was older. It is such a blessing for everyone to celebrate together and really enjoy family. I am so joyful the girls have these traditions in their life!

Emma's Easter Basket

Lauren's Easter Basket















Celebrating Grandpa Lingrens 83rd Birthday on Easter day


And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5: 15,17

No comments:

Post a Comment