It is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8



Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday Fun

Sunday morning the girls, my mom, Madison and I left for a quick trip up to my brothers house in Minneapolis. Our plans for the day included seeing the play 'The Best Christmas Pageant Ever'- one of the girls' favorite Christmas books and the Holidazzle Parade. A friend had told us about Holidazzle and it sounded like so much fun! While I was looking it up online I came across the play and really wanted to take the girls! I am so glad I did because it was so amazing. We laughed throughout the entire play- so worth the trip! The theater was huge- an old church converted into a theater-it would be so awesome to have one like it closer to home. I also must add how much I loved St. Paul. It was so beautiful, especially with the snow.
Later that night we headed into downtown Minneapolis for the parade with Adam and Jill. We got there a little early and Jill suggested we take the girls to the display at the downtown Macy's. WOW!! Such an unexpected treat! They absolutely LOVED it!!! The theme this year was 'A day in the life of an Elf'and was so awesome! We lucked out and there was no line so they got to really enjoy the experience. After we enjoyed the display the girls got to see the most awesome Santa Claus. The girls both told me "I think he was the real one!!"- he spent a lot of time with each girl making them each feel so special! It still gives me goosebumps when I think about it! After a few pictures with Santa we then visited Mrs. Claus' Bakery- definitely a favorite for the girls. It was time for the parade to start so we headed downstairs to watch the lighted parade. The parade is truly 'dazzling'- we are hoping to make it a tradition!
(I am going to do separate posts for each one)
Adam, Lauren and I getting ready to go to Holidazzle
Another huge highlight for the girls was the SNOW!
Monday morning we drove to Excelsior. My brother lived here before moving to New Hope and we wanted to see it all decorated for Christmas. It is such a beautiful little town!

Oh how my soul praises the Lord. How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46

No comments:

Post a Comment