It is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8



Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snowed In

We woke up the morning of the State Meet to snow. They had forecasted snow and wind and sure enough we were getting it. Emma was not supposed to compete until 4 but we got up and left around 10 so we could get there before it got worse. The news had reported that I-35 had a semi blocking traffic so I decided to take HWY 17 instead. Oh boy. It was not a fun drive! I was very nervous so I took it slow and made it! My parents made the trip, my mother in law and niece Kailyn, sister in law and her family and our good friends Shannon and Alexa. When the meet was over we were in a Blizzard warning. My mother and law had reserved 2 hotel rooms so I had told those making the trip to pack a bag in case they needed to stay. My parents and Shannon and Alexa decided to make the trip home (against my urging them to stay!!) and thankfully made it home safely! My parents said I-35 was bad but once they got to HWY 30 it was horrible-they literally could not see the road! We thank God they made it to Boone safely and I was very relieved when they said they would stay at my house until morning!! We headed to our hotel and after getting our things to our rooms went downstairs to have supper. We then went to bed- I was exhausted!!
We got up the next morning and the kids were ready to go swimming! The girls practiced floating on their backs and enjoyed jumping into the pool. After they swam we took advantage of their breakfast buffet! We got ready for the day and decided to spend some time at the mall while we waited for the roads to improve. We visited Santa again, rode the train, wrote some letters to Santa, did some shopping and Billie took the girls to get their nails done! The roads were completely clear on the way home-thank goodness!!
Blizzard!!!

Swimming in the hotel pool

Waiting to see Santa






Waiting to ride the train!


Girls getting their nails done with Grama








But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment