It is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8



Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas

We started Christmas morning with Emma reading the Christmas story from the bible. The girls got up around 7:30 and we just hung around with them in their room for a while. 
I wasn't feeling the greatest so we slowly decided to head downstairs and open presents. The girls were excited to see that Santa had left a bag full of toys! And of course their stockings!
Some of the presents we got from the girls
After we opened presents we got ready to go to my parents house to do our Christmas with them. I wasn't feeling well so this was a long and slow process! We eventually made it and we did our gift exchange.
After we finished up with presents at my parents we headed to our annual Christmas dinner at my Grandma and Grandpa Lingren's house. I enjoy this time with our families so much. Unfortunately, I was so sick I spent most of the time I was there laying down in one of their spare rooms. We ended up leaving early so I could come home and try to rest up for our final Christmas with Rich and Billie at their house later that night. I did get to nap a little bit while the girls and their dad played Just Dance 3 on the Wii!

Around 4:30 we made our way out to Jason's parents house. I was able to eat some crackers and was starting to feel much better! Billie had made some appetizers, potato soup, and maidrites. The potato soup was just what I needed and was so good! I was so happy to finally be feeling normal. After we ate, it was time for another round of presents!

I am so thankful for this wonderful family! :)


For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:21

No comments:

Post a Comment