It is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8



Monday, November 8, 2010

Preschool Update

Lauren is enrolled in 3YR Preschool at Trinity Lutheran School this year. She has an October birthday and missed the cutoff last year by 20 days. In some ways this was very frustrating, as she was more than ready to go last year, however I am embracing it and realizing all the benefits of her being one of the oldest in her class. They do not hold conferences for their class but encouraged us to speak with the teacher if we wished. Of course I was eager to find out how she was doing so I emailed her teacher Ms. Meyer last week. I was very pleased with all she had to say!! We are so happy with the positive experience Lauren is having this year! Lauren loves to go to school and asks me every morning if it is a school day! She has also learned how to write her name all by herself-pretty good for just turning 4! She is so proud of herself and we are so proud of her :)
Lauren's School Day (as told by Lauren)
When I get to school I hang up my coat and backpack in my locker. Then I go and find my name and put it in it's spot and a sticker by my name so they know I am at school. We get to play with all the fun toys in the classroom for a little bit. Then we go to the carpet and do calendar. We talk about what day it is and what the weather is like. We also feed the fish- we have new fish because the old fish died. Their names are Blueberry and Cherry. We also have a frog named Marshmallow. After calendar we talk about Jesus and God. We also talked about Abraham. After that we get to go outside for recess. This is so much fun and I show my friends my gymnastics. When we are done with recess we go inside and wash our hands so we can have snack. After snack we get to paint and color. Sometimes I get to be a helper. My favorite helper job is feeding the fish. I also like when I am line leader.

  • Lauren overall does really well in class
  • Good at listening and following directions
  • sometimes she can let a little stubborn streak show, but nothing that gives her reason to be concerned (There is the Lauren I know!)
  • Enjoys playing with others
  • She can tell Lauren is a leader as her other classmates will often follow her or join in a game she is directing at playtime
  • Lauren loves doing gymnastics moves at various times and are working at keeping circle time a time to sit and join in conversation rather than a time to show off some moves :)
  • Lauren is a cheerful and intelligent young lady whom she is glad to have in her class
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Psalm 32:8

No comments:

Post a Comment