It is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8



Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Recipes

I found this recipe in a magazine while at Borders one day and thought it would be perfect to take to Thanksgiving Dinner. I love cream cheese so anytime I see a recipe with it I am eager to try it out. It was really easy to make and very delicious!


Every year I take Homemade Macaroni and Cheese to Thanksgiving dinner! This was my grandma's recipe, although I have changed a few things kind of making it my own. It is always a big hit and never have any leftovers!

Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
1 box of macaroni (any shape but we prefer regular of shells)
Velveeta cheese in the block (I use velveeta 2% milk)
1 Pint Half and Half ( I use Fat Free Land o Lakes but any kind is fine to use)
butter or margarine
milk
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a casserole dish cut velveeta into cubes and cover bottom of dish. You can use as much as you want, the more the cheesier! Add butter ( I am not sure as to the exact amount, I usually just put a small spoonful in each corner and one in the middle?). Boil macaroni for HALF the preparation time (example: if box says to boil for 8 minutes you would boil for 4 minutes). Drain water and pour macaroni into casserole dish. Mix together. Pour half and half over noodles. Let sit for 10 minutes. Stir. Let sit for 10 more minutes. Cover remaining noodles with milk (if using skim milk use less milk as it does not absorb as well as 2% or whole). Cook for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes. Enjoy!!






(This isn't the best picture because I was out of tin foil so the top got kind of dark!)


And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment